"Be yourself.... everyone else is already taken."

Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Who do you think you are, The Queen of Sheba?"

We went to church this morning and Dr. Miller preached a sermon titled, Who do you think you are, the Queen of Sheba?
Curiosity got the best of me, here are two paintings of the real Queen of Sheba!


She took a long journey to visit the wise King of Solomon! I'd heard the expression all of my life and I thought it meant that someone was conceited and rich and high and mighty etc... turns out I was wrong! It's a compliment!


The Queen of Sheba took him lots of gold & jewels & gifts but all she wanted in return were the answers to questions...his wisdom!
Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving".
No one really becomes a fool until they stop asking questions!
Here's to all of you seekers of wisdom!
Soooooooo who do you think you are?

No comments: