"Be yourself.... everyone else is already taken."

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Visiting Garnie...aka...Mom/Grandma/Dorismae


My older sister Jill adores me (she always has)....she was so excited to meet me for lunch!


Yukon Oklahoma ...Home of the Legendary Country Music Favorite...Garth Brooks!!! Garth and Trisha Yearwood now live on a sprawling ranch outside of Tulsa!



After our delightful lunch we went back to Jill's home in El Reno and sat around the living room just reminiscing about days gone by... Jill lives in a home that was built in 1890! Imagine that!!
The reason for my trip to El Reno was to visit my Mom in the nursing home...it was just as sad as I had imagined...I always leave with a glimmer of hope that she knew I was there and that she heard me say those precious words....I love you Mama!

No comments: