"Be yourself.... everyone else is already taken."

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm famous! For All 3 Seconds!


It was the morning after President Obama announced that Osama Bin Ladin had been captured and killed! Meg's Daddy called and said we might want to be at LAX early .... and yes and behold the security was in full force! After a few tears when I separated from my dearest Megan ... the camera crews descended upon myself! What they didn't capture was that I was wearing my peace scarf and that when I finally landed in Tulsa ... yes, I realized I had been a little bit concerned about flying!



I saw the newsmen interviewing other people after me so I didn't think much about it all, so I was so surprised when Megan called when her friend Karen had seen it on the local news! Karen is the mother of two beautiful children and she is a school teacher with "Christy" who happens to be Kim's old college room mate! It's a small world after all :)

No comments: